Re: printer with static ip address inaccessible from lan

On Tuesday 27 February 2018 16:21:59 Thomas George wrote:

> I tried dnsmasq --dhcp-host=00:15:99:86:11:1F,CLP,192.168.2.13
>
> and the response was "failed to create listening socket for port 53:
> Address already in use." Tried several other final two digits with the
> same result. I even tried 192.168.1.139, the address the printer
> prints out on its Network Configuration Report and got the same
> response.

If you can see that on the printers own display, go read the printers
docs as I expect that can be changed to the correct subnet via the
printers own control panel. That is the only way I have ever configured
the higher end Brother I have other than cups but cups can't change
that.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)