Kmail Broken?

David,
   Thanks much for the heads-up.  Do you have a bug report you could refer me
to so I can check out details? I guess in some sense I'm quite "lucky" as I do
have one instance that's continuing to function properly (on the laptop) even
though this one is reduced to being able to send emails and can't seem to
receive them. I'd like to find the relevant bug report (or if there is none
yet, open one myself) so that I can hopefully aid in troubleshooting the
specific issue(s). It's hard for me to believe that this piece of software will
just be abandoned considering how well it was working and how many functional
options it has (had?).

     ~e