Re: wiki

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:30:31AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 16 February 2018 07:08:57 Rodary Jacques wrote:

> > > I think we need more information--which wiki are you having trouble
> > > with? (What is its URL?)
> >
> > I first had this message on  https://wiki.debian.org, then on various
> > problems.
>
> Old but uptodate wheezy install here. firefox had no problems navigating
> the site.
> Perhaps your http->S<- is defective somehow.

The original message was so incredibly vague that it could mean anything.

But.

If the actual complaint is "I get 403 Forbidden on https://wiki.debian.org";
then we need additional detail: what version of Debian the OP is using,
what browser, and any unusual aspects of the OP's network that could
be relevant (workplace firewall, China firewall, etc.).

There have been several similar complaints in #debian IRC over the last
year or two, with random people coming in and saying that they get a
"403 Forbidden" on the Debian wiki, but the one thing they all have in
common is a LACK OF DETAIL.

At this point nobody knows how to diagnose the problem, because nobody
who HAS the problem is willing or able to come forward and just say what
is happening and why.  Is it a DNS resolution error, in which they're
getting the wrong IP address?  Does the wiki or its front-end web server
have a firewall that blacklists certain IP address ranges?  Is it a
web browser bug?  Nobody knows!