Re: end of security support for wheezy LTS

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:03:29AM +0000, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Our PCI compliance scanner (probably falsely) claims it's 2018-05-01.
>
> The Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history
> just says "May 2018".
>
> Debian website:
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> clearly states "end of May 2018".
>
> I'm treating the latter as the more reliable source.
>
> My related question:
>
> Is it likely for this date to still be moved forward or back?
> Can it happen on a short notice (say less than a month)?

If you offered them enough money -- yes, really -- it could
probably be moved later.

LTS runs on a sponsorship model. Your company can become
a sponsor. For about 17K euros, you can pay for a whole month
of LTS support for the whole world.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Funding

-dsr-