Re: Paste text from terminal to xemacs

> I'm using XEmacs 21.4.24 and gnome-terminal 3.26.2 in sid. And I can't copy
> a text from the terminal and paste it into XEmacs. I have tried marking the
> text and then middle button; Shift-Ctrl-C and then right-button to get the
> 'paste' option; and some other combinations of these. Nothing works.

I'm not sure I understand your setup (is your emacs running inside the
gnome-terminal?  From where to where are you copy&pasting?).

But at least you can copy&paste from/to (non-X)Emacs running in
a terminal by installing the `xclip` package via `M-x list-packages`
and enabling `xclip-mode`.  This of course also requires the `xclip`
executable to be installed, but after that C-y and C-w "just work".

        Stefan