Re: Ethernet is not started at boot

On 2/6/2018 11:42 AM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
#########  Do not Cc: me, I am on THE LIST and I do not need  ##########
#########  messages twice which make it very hard to answer.  ##########

Am DATE hackte AUTHOR in die Tasten: tomas@tuxteam.de
This is all? No "lo" stanza? Hm.

it is:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

In that case, it looks more or less correct. Issuing "ifup -a"
should bring up your enp0s25 interface. Does it?

Yes, it is up.

The problem since Jessie is, that my PostgreSQL instances (I have 4) and
the nfs mounts plus VPN are ALWAYS started before the network and exit
with errors.

I have to start ALL services by hand in order!

If PostgreSQL can not start, then NO USER can log into the systenm!

But in this case it isn't clear what is triggering your DHCP
client.

I have already deinstalled the isc-dhcp-client.

Nothing else in some subdirectory /etc/network/interfaces.d?

No.

I have now moved the config for ethernet to

/etc/network/interfaces.d/enp0s25

So the content of the files show

----[ /etc/network/interfaces ]-----------------------------------------

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

----[ /etc/network/interfaces.d/enp0s25 ]-------------------------------
auto enp0s25
iface enp0s25 inet static
         address         192.168.0.202
         netmask         255.255.255.0
         gateway         192.168.0.1
         network         192.168.0.0

allow-hotplug enp0s25

Not sure if it makes any difference but I would put 'allow-hotplug ...' beneath 'auto ...' and not at the end of the file:

https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/ifupdown/interfaces.5.en.html

--
John Doe