Re: policy around 'wontfix' bug tag

On 06/02/18 02:11, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>>> Done this once, but I cannot promise I will think of it later. Document
>>> your preference in your mail mail header, the standard way, so that it
>>> is automatic and works for everybody, just like I did. Too bad the list
>>> software is not properly configured to do that automatically.
>>
>> My preference is for any personal replies addressed to me to go to me,
>> and I'd use the Reply-to header (as intended) if I needed it to go
>> somewhere else. But replies to the list should go to the list (only)
>> (unless otherwise requested), as per list policy.
>
> You should set up a "Mail-Followup-To:" for that. This is entirely
> your problem.

I could do that, I'm sure (though I'm not sure how) - but I'd rather
that someone intending to send me a private reply didn't send it to the
list by mistake. Having to (in my case) click 'Reply to List' helps me
not send to the list by mistake.

The behaviour and policy of this list, when followed, does what I want.

Richard