Re: policy around 'wontfix' bug tag

On Mon 05 Feb 2018 at 13:12:45 -0600, David Wright wrote:

> On Mon 05 Feb 2018 at 18:01:08 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> >
> > Now you have problems (or could have). The first problem is that the
> > "duplicates" are not duplicates because the headers are different. The
> > second problem is - which one do you wish to keep? The third problem
> > (related to the second one) is the order in which the messages arrive.
> > Is it the mailing list reply first or the Cc:?
>
> Granted, you lose all the information in the header about how the
> reply journeyed from Fred to bendel.debian.org and on to yourself
> when the list copy arrives after the direct one but, unless you're
> taking a special interest in how long messages are taking, what
> exactly have you lost?

The original mail has been lost. As far as I am concerned. the
original which was sent to me is the only thing of importance to
me. If that isn't important to you and you are satisfied with a
simulacrum, that's ok by me.

(The "unless you're taking a special interest in how long messages
are taking" is an indication of how important a user's mail is seen
to be. If the US Postal Service processed one's mail in such a
subjective manner there might be a complaint or two).

--
Brian.