Re: "Stopped (with error) /dev/dm-0"

On Mon, 05 Feb 2018, Curt wrote:
> At every shutdown; looks like another oldie but goodie bug affecting
> those with encrypted swap (maybe some kind or race condition, if that is
> indeed the proper term).

Incorrect sequencing, actually.  But if this is ephemeral swap (or
ephemeral *anything*), it is a very minor bug at most.

Ephemeral would mean mounted on tmpfs (RAM), or with a throw-away
(random single-use) crypto key.

> Having said that, filesystems are unmounted cleanly (no fsck at reboot,
> although the shutdown routine stops at "Power down" and I must pull the
> plug--a recurrent problem I've had before encryption in Wheezy).

That's a kernel + platform bug.  Updating your BIOS/UEFI might fix it,
otherwise, it requires messing with kernel command line parameters until
you find the poweroff strategy that works, and reporting a bug to get
that into a quirk list inside the kernel.

--
  Henrique Holschuh