Lockup when libvirt running during upgrades

Folks,

I have three servers that, when I run apt upgrade or apt dist-upgrade and any kvm's are running, the system freezes.  When it does, the console shows some daemon is reloading, but I have been unable to ascertain which daemon -- it never actually gets to the name of the daemon that is reloading.

Now, if I turn off all kvms, this does not occur.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Any way to fix (other than always ensure all kvms are shut off)?

Thanx,

David-
--
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Visit my web page at: http://david.bandel.us/