Re: comment and new question--when do upgrades take effect (side question)

Sorry for the hijack, but has this also to do with this newly enabled default kernel options?

grep STACKPROTECTOR /boot/config-3.16.0-5-amd64
CONFIG_HAVE_CC_STACKPROTECTOR=y
CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR=y
# CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_NONE is not set
CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_REGULAR=y
# CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG is not set

because dkms now fails and so my geoip support in iptables is now broken, as the module is missing.

BR, Spacerat