Re: PDF displayed incorrectly by certain software

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:31:36 -0600
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> But the main difference between the old and new versions (upgraded
> today) is that the new version spews error messages from the
> configuration files, 152 of them in all.
>
> Here are the first few. (The program stammers.)
>
> Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'unicodeMap' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-arabic:2) Config Error: Some work
> needs to be done to suppport this option in the Poppler version of xpdf
> Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'cidToUnicode' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:2) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'unicodeMap' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:3) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'unicodeMap' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:4) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'unicodeMap' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:5) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'cMapDir' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:6) Config Error:
> Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the Poppler
> version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'toUnicodeDir' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:7) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf Config Error: Unknown config file command
> 'fontFileCC' (/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:8) Config
> Error: Some work needs to be done to suppport this option in the
> Poppler version of xpdf
>
> This is a days-old installation of stretch 9.3 with ~/.xpdfrc hidden.
> (Talking of which, they do seem to have fixed many of the interactive
> commands (I use zoom, turn & continuous) that were missing throughout
> jessie.)

I get these same error messages here even when I open an empty xdpf
window, so they seem not to be related to the document.
Of course I cannot tell about the document you have, I have been speaking
only about the document the OP mentioned which works now with both xpdf
and qpdfview here.

Regards

Michael

Either one of us, by himself, is expendable.  Both of us are not.
		-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1