Re: (resend) trouble installing Debian 8.10 via netboot

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 04:24:32PM -0500, mizuki wrote:
> since the netboot kernel was updated in Dec 5 2017 for Debian 8.10, we were
> not able to install any of the physical systems (vms works).

[…]

> 2) The attempt to mount a file system with type ext4 in SCSI1(1,0,0),
> partition #7 (sda) at / failed.

[…]

I don't know for sure that this matches your case, but in the past I
have experienced problems with netboot installs after a point
release, where the ext4 and other filesystem modules fail, so it is
not possible to create a root filesystem inside the installer.

I fixed these problems by downloading a new netboot.tar.gz as
described at <https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch04s05.html.en>

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Andy