Re: Iptables at boot

On 2018-01-21 1:02, Dejan Jocic wrote:
> On 20-01-18, Jacques Rodary wrote:
>> Hi
>> How can I start iptables at boot. I don't find  an equivalent to  " service
>> iptables start" with systemd and does'nt know how to create a new
>> iptables.service. The manpages aren't quite clear for me. Thanks for any
>> help.
>>   Jacques
>>

> There are two options. One would be to learn to write systemd service
> units. There are many tutorials on net for how to write those with
> examples. Other would be to install iptables-persistent package. You can
> find more about using iptables-persistent package if you google it, you
> will surly run on few quick howtos.

If you don't want to learn systemd at this stage you can put your
iptables lines in /etc/rc.local (before exit 0 line). It will be run
during boot and add your iptables config. I know it's not elegant
solution by any means but it works if you don't want to play with
services at this stage.

--
Karol Augustin
karol@augustin.pl