Re: Banishing UUIDs from grub

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 18 January 2018 14:22:13 Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> > Le 18/01/2018 à 19:54, Gene Heskett a écrit :
> > > UUID's have turned out to be quite volatile over system upgrades.
> >
> > Not on mine.
>
> I have had the UUID change on this system, on my
> amandatapes drive at almost every install or upgrade.

Which UUID changed? The filesystem UUID shouldn't change unless you
reformat the partition, and the partition UUID shouldn't change unless
you repartition it (or you specifically change the UUID).

I've been using UUIDs for *ages*, and I've never seen one change unless
I've specifically done something which would change it.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved
by brute strength and ignorance.
 -- William's Law