Re: Acrobat Reader stops works

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:

> Kamil Jońca wrote:
>
>> Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> writes:
>>
>>> Another thought: according to the app database at winehq.org, it's
>>> possible to install the Windows version under Linux.
>>
>> And I think, that would be only working solution.
>> But I am curious why its workink on my second computer :/
>> KJ
> usually you would run the binary from gdb and see where it fails
>
> most probably there is missing library or conflict
>
> As acroread is i386 application could be that you missed some i386 package
> needed - just compare what you have installed on your working machine

1. With strace I checked which libraries were open, then (with dpkg -S )
found packages - no differences on *.so files.
2. Moreover I copied  proper *.so files from "working"  to "non-working"
computer, to dedicatd directory, and with LD_LIBRARY_PATH forced to use
them - no success.
Something strange must be with data (fonts? preferences? I don't know)

KJ

--
http://wolnelektury.pl/wesprzyj/teraz/
Never give an inch!