Re: Acrobat Reader stops works

Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> writes:

> On 01/15/2018 06:45 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>
>> On 15/01/18 13:32, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>>> Recently I have to reinstall my system.
>>> Most of things works OOTB, but I cannot make Acrobat Reader (9.5.5) to
>>> work.
>>> Stracing shows segmentation fault (catched) in main thread.
>>> Worse thing is, on second computer with the same libraries(and the same versions) acroread
>>> work.
>>> Any hints/thoughts?
>> migrate to evince ?
> That's rather an unhelpful answer, isn't it?

Well, I would LOVE to drop acrobat, but there is an application (adobe
air, sigh)  which uses pdf forms to fill. So can I have a drop in
replacement for acrobat to do this?

> Kamil, can you post the actual output of strace? What version of
> Debian you are using would also be good, especially kernel version.

at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-rSej9fZdlniub6SNIbSV6EOZTLYGUON
is effect of: strace -o acro -ff -s 10000 acroread

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
Memory should be the starting point of the present.