Re: Installing and running legacy software (was Re: Problem using "dpkg -i")

On 01/15/2018 06:53 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 01/15/2018 03:57 AM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
[big snip]

2. Is there a recommended HTML editor in the repository that"
  A. simple UI
  B. can render the code so I can tell if my changes display
     as intended?

I can't answer this question because I am not familiar with a particular tool that does this, but I would recommend investigating this option
thoroughly before resorting to #1.

No argument ;/
I've WinXP box. I'll try the Windows version. It wont be as convenient but as it has no internet connectivity the security issues should be minimized.

You might look at SeaMonkey, a community continuation of the old integrated
browser/mailer/HTML editor that Netscape originally released. I found its HTML
editing function pretty usable back when I needed it.

https://wiki.debian.org/Seamonkey

--
Carl Fink          carl@finknetwork.com
Thinking and logic and stuff at Reasonably Literate