Re: Printing problem

arne wrote:

> amd64 both systems
> OS: Daily updated Linux Stretch
>
> After 5 hours of googling, countless unnecessary rebooting
> I still can only print from thin client
> ,
> Not from PC (Only pdf and postscript from files using lpr)
> Both macines are running debian stretch updated daily
> No complaints from CUPS, but their drivers don't show up
> Both are running amd64

In /etc/cups/client.conf I usually put the server name

#ServerName myhost.domain.com

ServerName xxxxxxxx

then

lpstat -a

$ lpstat -a
HP_LaserJet_5L accepting requests since Thu 14 Dec 2017 09:40:38 PM CET
HP_LaserJet_M402dn accepting requests since Sun 14 Jan 2018 11:52:07 PM CET

you need 'shared' configured on the print server for the printer(s)

regards