Re: scriptable way to list packages that are not installed

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 05:52:45AM +0200, Vasyl Vavrychuk wrote:
> I would like to list not installed packages in my script. Currently I do
>
>     dpkg-query -W -f='${db:Status-Abbrev}${binary:Package}\n'
> $PACKAGES | grep -v "^ii" | awk '{print $2}'

You may want to consider libdpkg-perl, python-debian, or ruby-debian
instead.  If it really has to be something you can access fro a shell
script, then you can write a small wrapper that does what you need.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez