Re: Frustration over Debian naming (was: Re: Meltdown fix for wheezy-backports)

On 12-01-2018, at 15h 03'25", David Wright wrote about "Re: Frustration over Debian naming (was: Re: Meltdown fix for wheezy-backports)"
> [...] People use names, computers like numbers.

I do not take sides here, but I can't accept this statement. Numbers
are universal, Debian release names are English. I do not use any of
then (numbers or names). I simply have a look in /etc/apt/sources when
I need to know what version of Debian I use at the moment, and I am
using Debian before potato... (yes, I look into my /etc/apt/sources
file to pull that name).

Did any of Debian release names were translated? I am bad with names.
Specially English ones. I find all of Debian release names stupid till
now. Culminating with perpetual Sid (no, I did not consulted
/etc/apt/sources file now).

I am extremely good with numbers. You could say that I can speak
math. Although I studied chemistry. So, coming back to the statement,
I find it extremely stupid. You could have getting away saying
"People use WORDS, computers USE numbers." Numbers are words so nobody
is offended.

Take care what you write.

Ionel