Re: Why was this package removed but apt?

On Fri 12 Jan 2018 at 10:04:52 (+0100), Jonathan Sélea wrote:

> It seems like
>
> Unattended-Upgrade::Remove-Unused-Dependencies "false";
>
> Is not "false" by default but indeed true in unattended-upgrades on
> Debian 9 (stretch)
> Am I wrong about that?

--✄--------

* `Unattended-Upgrade::Remove-Unused-Dependencies` - boolean (default:False)

 Remove all unused dependencies after the upgrade finished.

* `Unattended-Upgrade::Remove-New-Unused-Dependencies` - boolean (default:True)

 Remove any new unused dependencies after the upgrade finished.

--✄--------

Perhaps the latter occurred.

> On 01/11/18 16:27, Jonathan Sélea wrote:
> >Well, it was removed by unattended-upgrades according to term.log
> >and apt.log :)
> >
> >/ Jonathan

> >>So now the question is why/how did this package end up marked
> >>"automatically installed" (or if it wasn't, why did unattended-upgrades
> >>remove it even tho it wasn't marked as automatically-installed; tho this
> >>would most likely be a bug in unattended-upgrades and I think such a bug
> >>is rather unlikely at this stage).

Cheers,
David.