Re: Why was this package removed but apt?

Well, it was removed by unattended-upgrades according to term.log and apt.log :)

/ Jonathan

On 01/11/2018 03:35 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
It was installed manually by me:
apt install php7.1-mbstring
So I "explicitly asked" apt to install that package actually.
So now the question is why/how did this package end up marked
"automatically installed" (or if it wasn't, why did unattended-upgrades
remove it even tho it wasn't marked as automatically-installed; tho this
would most likely be a bug in unattended-upgrades and I think such a bug
is rather unlikely at this stage).

         Stefan