Re: Why was this package removed but apt?

Le 10/01/2018 à 12:30, Jonathan Sélea a écrit :
> It was installed because CraftCMS depends on it :)
>
> According to term.log - unattended-upgrade performed the update
>
> Just two minutes after that, unattended-upgrade runs again and removes
> php7.1-mbstring and only that package.
> I can't find any activity on the server on that time (no users logged in
> and such).
>
> So something triggered unattended-upgrade to do this,

Maybe this line is set to "true" in your
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades

Mine look like this :
// Do automatic removal of new unused dependencies after the upgrade
// (equivalent to apt-get autoremove)
Unattended-Upgrade::Remove-Unused-Dependencies "false";

Regards

--
Jean Louis Mas
Also struggling with unattended-upgrades ;-)