Re: Debian iso installation incorrectly sets sources.list

On 01/09/2018 07:54 PM, John Hosack wrote:
Hello,

This is a bug report. I tried to use the reporting system, but it did not
seem to be appropriate. So, I will give a narrative:

This is what happened.
I decided to install Debian on my small machine (Asus eeePC 900A, 1GB
ram, 4GB storage).  So I selected debian-9.3.0-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso and
put it onto a flash memory stick.  Installation went ok, but
later on when I did "apt install gcc", the installation program
requested the insertion of the installation disk in the drive
/media/cdrom. Why?

Examination.
The /etc/apt/sources.list file had "deb: cdrom:[<installation>..." as
the first entry, and was not commented out. My installation medium
was wrong!

John I'm thinking you did not run 'apt update' before 'apt install'?

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda6
Registered Linux User #380263