old Wheezy will not upgrade linux-kernel

Hi,

Running al old wheezy system that is up-2-date on patches but....

I am running the v3.2.x kernel
# uname -a
Linux linbobo.... 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.96-2 i686 GNU/Linux

After apt-get update I do an upgrade and it seems the kernel package will not install but is held back
[....]
# apt-get upgrade -V
   linux-image-686-pae (3.2+46 => 3.2+46+deb7u1)

Doing a manual install it seems the v3.2.0-4 kernel needs to be upgraded to a v3.2.0.-5 kernel.

# apt-get install linux-image-686-pae
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  linux-image-3.2.0-5-686-pae
Suggested packages:
  linux-doc-3.2 debian-kernel-handbook
  linux-image-3.2.0-5-686-pae
  linux-image-686-pae
1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 23.0 MB of archives.
After this operation, 80.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Should that then not simply be a upgrade?
Is there any reason not to just simply do the apt-get install ?

I have this "problem" on at least 2 Wheezy machines.  One I cannot upgrade to Lenny. Which is the reason I have at least one other (not critical) machine also at Wheezy so I can compare and test.

Bonno Bloksma