Finding material with F1 or in "The Gnumeric Manual"

On 01/07/2018 11:34 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm new to gnumeric and have not used any spreadsheet since mid 70's.
I'm running Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop and gnumeric 1.12.32 .

I'm having a different problem now. But I see an common element - not efficiently using available documentation.

I have a large rectangular region. I wish, on a per column basis, to calculate the average of the values in that column. I found how to get the average of a range in a particular column. But I don't see how to simply do the same for a region.

TIA