Re: Weired package policy

On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 04:37:49PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 16:26:55 CET schrieb Floris:
> Hi Floris and all,
>
> maybe my question was not clearly expressed, due to my English. It was not
> aimed to that special package. I would like to know, why packages completely
> disappear, instead of just leaving the last well running version available in
> testing. IMO to fully remove a running version completely in opposite of
> keeping the last good version is in my eyes the worse idea.

The package disappears when the version in testing is affected by a
release critical bug which does not get fixed.  If a bug only affects
the unstable/sid version of a package and the package in testing is of a
different version, the package in testing will remain.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez