Re: Weired package policy

Op Sun, 07 Jan 2018 15:58:57 +0100 schreef Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>:

Hi folks,

there is a thing, I cannot understand.

From time to time, there appear packages, which are in stable for a long time,
and then suddenly they are in unstable and stable, but NOT in testing.

This is a policy, I do not understand! An actual example is "cqrlog" which
appears in stable and sid, but not in testing.

For my feeling, I would expect "cqrlog" in testing, too, maybe in the same
version as in stable, but not fully disappeared.

from: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cqrlog

testing migrations
excuses:
Migration status: BLOCKED: Rejected/introduces a regression (please see below)
164 days old (needed 5 days)
Updating cqrlog introduces new bugs: #867140

There is difference of opinion about the libssl version. Buster will have 1.1. Cqrlog depends on 1.0