Re: GRUB and boot partition

On 2018-01-02 02:35 PM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 02/01/2018 à 02:29, microsoft gaofei a écrit :
So AES is very lightweight ? I thought cryptography takes very much space , but I saw 1MB space is plenty for AES

What are you talking about ? Where did you see this ? It does not make sense. Encryption does not require extra space (except for header and block padding). Encrypted data have the same size of cleartext data.

Encryption is similar in concept to compression. It could even reduce the space requirements.

Encryption and compression both work by replacing strings of letters with something else. What we call clear text, for example, is just a Caesar cipher where each letter is replaced by a number (its ASCII code or unicode). Morse code, on the other hand, replaces common letters with shorter sequences of dots and dashes than less common letters.