Emails with improper quoting (was: Re: (solved) Re: need help on wheezy installation)

<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> >   On 01/02/18 13:14, Long Wind wrote:
> >> i often use installation from hard diskit means downloading a iso image
> >> and booting installerbut iso images have been removed from many mirrors
> >
> > Have you looked in the archives?
> >
> >      http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/
> >
> > David
>
> The above is an example of a message where the indentation levels are
> boogered.

Ahh, I see (I'm not the OP or anyone who participated in this thread prior to
now, iirc).

So, I went looking for the original of the post you forwarded here (in my mail
folder) and couldn't find it--I may have deleted it.

I found a similar one, partially copied below just for reference--a very
similar email also from Long Wind.

It seems that this message (and the one David refers to above) is the first
boogered message, and I want to find out which email client caused the problem.

I viewed source and found this:

rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 Iceweasel/38.2.1

I'm not good at either reading or interpreting email headers, but I think this
is telling me that the mail was generated (or replied to) using a web based
emailer, presumably on Mozilla/5.0.

I don't know if that is the case, nor if there is some setting that can be
changed (by the replier) to make quoting come out "properly".

<quote>
Re: (solved) Re: need help on wheezy installation
>      On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:58 PM, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

>   On 01/02/18 13:14, Long Wind wrote:
>> i often use installation from hard diskit means downloading a iso image and
booting installerbut iso images have been removed from many mirrors

</quote>