Re: Is there a way to know the ISP with the default installation of Stretch?

On 2018-01-02, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 12:42:35PM +0100, Max Power wrote:
>> My problem is to know the ISP [e.g. GATEWAY = Vodafone, Telecom or AT&T]
>> before starting browsing or any remote connection...
>> With the 'route' command it was so easy '# route' and goal!
>> With le last release 'Stretch' the net-tools packet is not installed by default.
>
> There *just* was a thread around here: either use ip -r route (-r means
> try to resolve IP address to name, your old "route" did exactly that),
> or just install net-tools (as you said above).

There just was another thread around here initiated by Max Power, the
current OP, I do believe; not liking the answer(s) there or unsatisfied
with it(them) for some reason he decided to restart and rephrase (and
elucidate and expand in the tradition of obviating the XY problem,
though in this case his present Y problem seems to call for the same
response as his X did--or vice-versa).

--
"An autobiography is only to be trusted when it reveals something disgraceful.
A man who gives a good account of himself is probably lying, since any life