Re: overcoming known kernel bug

Hi,
before doing make, do make menuconfig or make xconfig and inspect the relevant options. I usually collect  the chipset specs regarding the mainboard CPU and expansion cards and go through documentation and configuration (if needed). Mostly I just check that the drivers is enabled and if it should be module or built in.

You may also try earlier kernel version - just look at the kernel changelog or google about this problem - I don't know why your keyboard types tons of 'o'

regards