Re: overcoming known kernel bug

On 12/13/17 05:22, Brian J. Oney wrote:

Please do not top post:

https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#What_is_top-posting_.28and_why_shouldn.27t_I_do_it.29.3F

Dear David,

Please address your posts to the list.

this is different issue. My CPUs are just fine and I can use the laptop without issue. Still the my laptop whines. Downgrading, upgrading to a rolling release, or (gasp) installing windows would be running from the problem.
Ideally, a kernel shepherd would teach me to coax my sheep to calm down when being rewoke. It's bleats but does not stink, and all I have figured out to remedy this is to knock it out :-). Killing this bleating lamb is not an option.

My point was: there are a lot of laptop issues with Linux and they never end. Given the refusal of hardware vendors to disclose technical information, I view the problem as insolvable.

But, don't let me discourage you from attempting to find and fix the problem on your laptop. Turn yourself into the kernel shepard you seek. Good luck and please submit a patch if you succeed.

David