Re: does elinks have a show hidden links option?

On 2017-12-13, davidson <davidson@freevolt.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, davidson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, Karen Lewellen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Karen.
>>
>> I am not a user of elinks, so I can present no direct solution to your
>> problem here. Nonetheless, I have a comment or two, which I hope will
>> be understood in accordance with the constructive spirit in which I
>> offer them.
>>
>>> working with PayPal e-mail  come to think of it,
>>
>> First comment: Is there prior context to this question? I see none on
>> this mailing list. Just FYI.
>
> Ah, I see the prior context now. Silly me. It's in your subject line,
> isn't it?

That escaped me too. Seems there is an unwritten rule to never put the
thematic crux of your article in the subject line (which contradicts the
written rule of always using a precise, meaningful subject line).

Or maybe the tacit rule is to always recapitulate the subject line in
the body of the post.

Or maybe I'm confabulating and there is no tacit rule at all (or maybe
it's written down somewhere--I'm not going to look anyway).

--
"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."
— Charles Bukowski