Re: Embarrassing security bug in systemd

On Monday 11 December 2017 06:02:46 Brian wrote:

> On Sun 10 Dec 2017 at 18:25:26 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > apt can't do a show --uninstalled on the stretch machine, and the
> > man page isn't offering much either, so to see whats available, I
> > have to go to its own keyboard and run synaptic-pkexec.
>
> The apt man page isn't unhelpful. For available packages which are not
> installed:
>
> apt list --all-versions | grep -v installed | less

which man page? Not even a hint of useing grep as above in the apt man
page, which is where one would normally look for the applicable syntax.
You do find it in the grep man page. So I would call the apt man page
unhelpful.

This obviously would work just fine, thank you Brian.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)