Re: on-screen artifacts (red pixels) at high resolution with Intel HD 630 (Kaby Lake)

On Sat 09 Dec 2017 at 15:35:18 (+0100), Alexandre Rossi wrote:
> > Screenshot [1] looks normal to me, but on screenphoto [2] I clearly see
> > red-ish stripes and pink spots in the middle.
> >
> > Now it looks like your LCD could be faulty not PC hardware\software. Can you
> > test it with another LCD monitor, or connect it to TV via HDMI cable if it's
> > possible?
>
> The same TV and cable work fine at the same resolution with another PC
> and another laptop.
> The same TV, cable and same computer work fine if using Windows 10.
>
> So the problem only happens with that PC _AND_ Linux/Xorg.

I'm no expert here, but I'd suspect the driver.

I'd also be looking systematically at gradations of known colours
(perhaps start with a colour wheel) to try and tie down where the
errors occur, and whether they're related to bit values, rollovers
(like 0FFF→1000), screen position, etc.

Cheers,
David.