Re: Embarrassing security bug in systemd

On 07/12/17 11:30, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
I too consider this a rather serious bug.  However, I do not see any
evidence in the BTS [0] that such a bug has yet been reported against
systemd.

Not a bug. We can file this one alongside "console user has access to keyboard". Where did I out that CVE?

Five seconds of Googling informed me that systemd-inhibit can be used to prevent shutdown. If you are absolutely sure that you want to wreck the well-thought-out privileges for console users, craft a polkit rule. If you only want to avoid accidents, install molly-guard.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director