Re: [OT] Relavant mailing list or USENET group

On 12/05/2017 12:59 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
On Tuesday,  5 Dec 2017 at 10:24, Richard Owlett wrote:
I had been to https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ but there
was no indication of where they were on the "initial design"/"product
available" timeline.

Hard to say.  All the bits are mostly there.  Some final snagging on
cases with a few prototypes out in the wild.  Many of us are hoping
(waiting impatiently ;-)) for mid-2018 but this is a very small
endeavour so difficult to estimate.  The whole process from scratch to
date is openly discussed on the boards and in itself is interesting!

I understand completely. Back in the 70's I was a junior engineer in Power Supply Engineering at Digital Equipement involved from first prototype past what was supposed to have been EOL for H720-E. (Any DEC people out there ;)

As to web based fora, I've not discovered a way to efficiently
read/find posts of interest.

I use gnus in Emacs for RSS feeds

I've seen the term "RSS", but never had any contact with it. Not sure if SeaMonkey 2.48 can use it.

which can give you summaries of
activities on some fora (but not all).  Web-based fora are lacking in
functionality when compared with USENET unfortunately.  Step
backwards.  My current pet peeve is discourse based systems (e.g. Julia
language forum).