Re: BIOS Can Not Find Disk

Le 03/12/2017 à 22:51, Felix Miata a écrit :
Dan Norton composed on 2017-12-03 15:54 (UTC-0500):

Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Dan Norton composed:

Yes, no grub in mbr - unless installer insists.

Then what you wrote earlier was wrong : GRUB is not installed in
/dev/sda1, and this partition is useless. As I wrote earlier, a BIOS
boot partition is used by GRUB to store its core image only when
installing its boot image in the MBR of the disk. This partition
replaces the unallocated "embedded area" located between the MBR and
the first partition on MSDOS disks.

Then, to proceed, remove /dev/sda1 partition followed by grub-install?

Removing the partition won't help. It is just useless, it does not harm.

  If sda1 is a type EEh partition, doing that will probably dig your hole too
deep to escape from, absent a full partition table wipe. :-(

What are you talking about ? ee is the identifier for the GPT protective partition in the MSDOS partition table of the protective MBR. This partition is hidden. I am talking about the only real sda1 partition that is visible, the one defined in the GPT partition table and is shown by fdisk as "BIOS boot". Please do not make things even more confused than they are.