Re: BIOS Can Not Find Disk

Le 04/12/2017 à 13:32, Dan Norton a écrit :
On 12/03/2017 06:49 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

Pascal Hambourg composed on 2017-12-03 10:49 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:
So I guess that the OP means that the core image of GRUB is in sda1, and
the boot image of GRUB is in the MBR of sda.
(...)
I'm pretty sure that was not OP's intent, i.e., none of Grub at all in MBR.

Yes, no grub in mbr - unless installer insists.

Then what you wrote earlier was wrong : GRUB is not installed in /dev/sda1, and this partition is useless. As I wrote earlier, a BIOS boot partition is used by GRUB to store its core image only when installing its boot image in the MBR of the disk. This partition replaces the unallocated "embedded area" located between the MBR and the first partition on MSDOS disks.