Re: Is it possible to have temperature and fan speed readings on modern hardware?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 01:34:41AM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
On 28.11.2017 20:32, Michael Stone wrote:

   On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 05:41:10PM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

       Found unknown chip with ID 0x8628

   https://github.com/groeck/it87/issues/5

   Mike Stone

Who knew it is simple like that.

I wonder now if I should file a bug on "lm-sensors" package for not trying to
"modprobe it87" during execution of "sensors-detect" script and scare people
off with bogus "unknown chip" messages...

The last time I looked at this it was harder, but things have gotten better with newer kernels so it actually works in a straightfoward fashion now. It's on my todo list to figure out whether this is something that works upstream but not in debian or something that needs to be fixed in the detect script and file the appropriate bugs. (But if someone else wants to do it first, I won't be mad. :) )

Mike Stone