Re: Btrs vs ext4. Which one is more reliable?

On Fri 01 Sep 2017 at 08:34:25 (-0300), Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, David Wright wrote:
> > "RPC portmapper replacement" needs to be shut down cleanly however
> > long it takes. Likewise the "Color Profiles" manager which, while
>
> Because if it didn't exit, it most likely means an NFS partition is
> still unmounting and you could incur data loss if killing RPC causes
> that NFS partition to "hang".

I don't know why systemd would think that I had NFS partitions.
I haven't run a server since 2004, and have never used a linux
NFS client, only DOS6.22 ones.

> > having a 90 second timeout to start with, would increment the timeout
> > by another 90 seconds each time it expired, so it was effectively
> > infinite.
>
> Now, that's just your usual bug, I think.

I couldn't find any mention of timeouts increasing on their own,
either in BTS under systemd or googling. Even now, I only see
wishlists for making such timeouts interruptible with ^C.

Cheers,
David.