Re: LibreOffice5 Writer will not load

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 11:05:20PM -0700, dmacdoug wrote:
> I have LibreOffice5 installed on Debian Stretch on an Asus EeePC
> notebook which uses an Atom N455 processor.

i386?

> This same problem occurred  before I upgraded to Stretch from
> Jessie.  I have several desktop computers with other processors
> on which Writer does not have this problem.
>
> I'm wondering if this is a known issue.  I've not been able to
> discover anything on this.

It is. If you didn't find it you didn't even try looking at LOs
bugs in Debian. Here:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=865303 + friends
(ok, that one's closed given the kernel people though it's fixed, but
apparently not on i386)

https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2017/07/msg00000.html

Regards,

Rene