--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

3. Mar 2017 20:21 by wanderer@fastmail.fm:

On 2017-03-03 at 13:00, Reco wrote:
Hi.

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 07:25:13 -0500
The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
systemd as the init system is provided by the systemd-sysv package. I
have that package pinned to never install in /etc/preferences:

Package: systemd-sysv
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

but this doesn't seem to be entirely effective in some cases, for
reasons I've given up on trying to track down; still, it may be making a
difference.

I want to correct the record on this. When I wrote the above, I was
conflating multiple cases. What I have seen be ineffective is previous
pins, no longer present, against libpam-systemd and related packages; I
don't recall ever seeing anything try to install systemd-sysv in
violation of this pin.

(There are enough legitimate complaints against the systemd ecosystem;
there's no need to hurt the case against such things by throwing in
baseless complaints on top of them.)
You may want to try somewhat different approach then:

Package: systemd-sysv
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: -1

I've noted this for later reference; if I ever see the
trying-to-install-packages-pinned-at--1 behavior again, I'll try that
variant.

--
The Wanderer

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw