Re: Before I install Debian

Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 12 February 2017 02:49:41 John Culleton wrote:

>> I think the main point is being missed.

> Yes, by you.  You asked whether Adobe Acrobat, which is a proprietary program
> belonging to Adobe, would run on Debian.  Sven said no.

No, the question was, if it is available "with Debian", not if it would
run "on Debian". And the answer is "no", it is and was never available
with (or from) Debian.

It is also no longer officially supported or available for Linux from
Adobe on their official website. Go to
https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/otherversions/ and try to select "Linux"
as OS.

And the Debian package on their FTP server, containing an old and
outdated, security vulnerable version, may only still be there because
someone forgot to remove it, it could be gone tomorrow.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.