Re: Stretch stable and jessie testing - repositories listed

Lisi Reisz:
> So let's start at the beginning.

OK

> What exactly does your sources.list currently say?  (/etc/apt/sources.list)
> Please copy and paste it.

I deleted the headers ##### ...

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

> You wish, I think, to go to/remain on Stretch?  But you refer to being on
> Debian 7 which is Wheezy?  Are you talking about two different computers?

Yes I used the 7 (wheezy) as an example later on, this one started life
at 8.3 LXDE Amd64  The only mistake I think I made when I wrote the
question, which may have confused some, was that I replaced main with
testing instead of saying jessie to testing.

> Please, some clarity if you want help.

A while back I read somewhere to go from stable to testing I replace
jessie with testing in the repos lines and I did and it worked.

The Debian 7 pc stayed this way, I used it as an example that if I had
switched it to testing on wheezy would I be in stretch now?  And I
assume the answer would be yes unless I again misunderstand how it works.

> Lisi

Thanks,
Katrin