Re: Debian natively on Android device

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm interested in the problem of running Debian on an Android device
>
> [...]

Thanks to all who kindly replied, it did help.  Now I can see everything a bit
more clearly.  I'll try to summarize what seems important to me about the
issue.

Deloptes, thanks for your indications about Sailfish project and Jolla phones,
they are very interesting, but what I was looking for is the possibility of
running Debian on those devices, not other OSs.  So Ubuntu pre-installed is not
either what I wish.  As far as I understand, the capability for Debian - and
other Linux distros - to install on smartphones and tablets could improve, and
probably will, more and more in the next months and years.  Some people have
already experienced Ubuntu, and maybe Debian, on some `WinPads'.  But, as far
as I understand, this was possible because those WinPads have, at start, like
normal computers, the possibility of choosing to boot from usb pendrive - or at
least from SDcard.  So the main problem in trying the installation on other -
Android - devices is probably this, that they don't have that possibility.
Right?  Or instead they do have it in some way?

Thanks,

cheers,

Rodolfo