Re: Debian natively on Android device

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Apart from that, the technical aspects of that `waste of time' could be
> maybe of some interests to be discussed or reported here.

Have a look at Jolla and Sailfish - these are the formal Nokia guys that
build N9. This is based on Mer project a split of MeeGo/Maemo. IMO it is
most promising. Those people spent much more time in doing what you are
trying to do and they have experience with mobile phones. I had followed as
far as possible all those alternative projects - nothing really usable
except for the Nokia N9 and Sailfish, but this is my opinion.

It's not only about putting debian on the device - it's about using the
device in some meaningful way. If you need a light weight device, better
use Raspberry as it offers more and size and specs are almost the same.
Support however and drivers are available, while for many mobile phones
there are no clear specs and drivers, which is the real show stopper.

regards