Re: What file system to use?

On 01/02/17 07:11 PM, Roba wrote:
Is there any difference between ext3 and ext4 in terms of backing up a
system?  I can't recall the details but I run into a backup problem once
and remember reading that ext4 was under experimentation by the backup
developers and ext3 was supported fully but not ext4.
I am not sure if it was clonezilla or not.

There shouldn't be any problem with ext4. It's been the Linux standard for years now. I can't even imagine what the backup issue would be unless they were trying to make some kind of sparse backup using FS internals.